1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman The Movie problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by loxley32, Sep 9, 2003.

1. loxley32

loxley32 Member

I am having a problem ... I have processed Superman The Movie through DVD Decrypter, then ran it through DVD2One. The next step is to burn it through nero (I am using Nero 6) --- it got 99% done and then gave me a "failed" message, due to "iilegal disc". ... what should i do? I have sucessfully backed up "The Sixth Sense", so I know this process works. thanks for any help.

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Sometimes DVD2one makes the total image size too large, and sometimes different DVD-R's have slightly different capacities.

I always set DVD2one to 4444 MB instead of 4464. Sometimes Record Now tells me there's 22 MB free, sometimes it says 17 MB free.

3. loxley32

loxley32 Member

thanks .. I will try it at 4444 and see what happens. How low can I set it that the quality will not be too noticeable effected?

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

You shouldn't have to lower it much more. That 20 MB is about 0.5% more compression, but every movie will take different levels of compression.

The way MPEG compression works is similar to JPEG compression. If you have JPEG with the background all one colour; the background takes up very little space. If you are taking a picture of a forest, where all the background is different, it will take up more space.

5. loxley32

loxley32 Member

ok here is the deal: it did not burn again ... here are the prompts I am getting: after 100% complete, I get "invalid block address" and than "could not perform end of disc-at-once" and then "burn process failed at 2x" ---- what should I do??? (the same thing just happened again trying to back up Superman 2) -- I am using DVD Decrypter, then DVD2ONE and then Nero 6. any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2003
  6. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

7. loxley32

loxley32 Member

thanks .. I'll check it out