1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

supid n00b question

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by watsupyo, Feb 10, 2008.

1. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

ok this is prolly a really noobish question but what is the acctual difference between 1080i and 1080p

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

3. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

1080i is interlaced
    1080p is progressive

4. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

heres another noobish question what exactly does that mean

5. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

One question for you, have you even clicked any of the links above and read the information provided?

6. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

yes indeed i have

7. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

Quote the things you don't understand from the links and that way, it will be easier to explain.

To put it plain and simple, the human eye can not tell the difference between an interlaced image and a progressive scanned image, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  8. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

what i meant to ask was whats the difference visually not in technical terms but if im looking at the tv which is gonna be better quality and resolutions and sizes

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

1080i and 1080p are both the same resolution, 1920x1080. As stated above, I've never been able to tell the difference between the two sets. Anyone else that says they can, well, I would like to shake their hand and take them out to lunch. Something you will need to pay more attention to when purchasing a tv would be image properties such as contrast ratio, color saturation, and color accuracy.

10. watsupyo

watsupyo Guest

thanks that acctually help alot i currently have a 720p in my main room of my house but am planning to get a new one for the entertainment room so ill take this advice into consideration

11. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

No problem, always glad to help. ;)