1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise i need help with relocking my harddrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ether42, Jan 8, 2005.

1. ether42

ether42 Guest

i softmodded my own xbox and i was messing around in evox
    and unlocked my hdd then my ever curious daughter thought it would be fun to hit the switch on my powerstrip
    now i get 5 error and i can't figure out how to lock it back up or maybe even just make a new one my eeprom is
    on my hdd no i didn't back it up i know stupid
    so any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance

2. ether42

ether42 Guest

bump
    i used bert and erni to soft mod i have evox installed i haver or at least think i have all the progs for this from the "usual places" even if i put in 007 i still get #5 (hd unlocked)i thought it boots like this
    NORMAL BOOT PROCESS:
    1.Xbox turns on
    2. several checks are done for hardware, incuding RAM, HD, and DVD-DRIVE, just to test if they are present
    3.Xbox checks SYSTEM TIME -> if no time is found -> boot dash off hard drive to set time
    4. Xbox looks for default.xbe on DISC, if it is not found, goto 5
    5. Xbox boots dash off of Hard drive
    ne help would be nice thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2005
  3. ether42

ether42 Guest

last bump i must really be hated

4. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You need a modchip to restore your hdd. One thing you cannot do with softmod is unlocking your hdd. Now you've learned the lesson. Modchip is your only way out.

5. ether42

ether42 Guest

there has to be some other way other than buying a mod chip ne1 ??????? please

6. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

So, you take only answers you want to hear? Yes, there are other way around without involving a modchip. You can buy another xbox and mess it up again.