1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64 Promblems.... Anyone help me???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by GW_MoNeY, Jan 28, 2004.

1. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

I have the Surreal 64 emulator installed on my modded xbox but i dont know where to put the roms so that they will show up and i can play them... any info will be useful...

2. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

Use N64 UltraXLE-v1.0b.rar its much more user friendly

3. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

Thanks... I'll FTP it to my Xbox and if i have anymore problems ill post them in this thread... Oh and do you know where i can d/l the ROMS for Conkers Bad Fur Day, Mario 64, and The Legend Of Zelda: Ocorina Of Time at???

4. Daskins

Daskins Regular member

we cannot give you links for any roms here on the forum, but check your PM later.

5. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

Ok my bad... i didnt know... but thanks for the help

6. jay73

jay73 Guest

Create ROMS-folder under the surreal-folder and put the roms there. They should show up when you start surreal.

7. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

ok i read the surreal info... and it says i have to config the surreal.ini.... it says rom path= (what do i put here)

i made a Roms file under surreal and to get to the place where i put the surreal folder you go from E>Apps>Emulators>Surreal 64>Roms... how would i type that so that the surreal.ini can read it and find the roms???

8. jay73

jay73 Guest

I didn't have to change the ini-file at all. It's suppose to find the roms. I think you have to change the ini-file only if you but the roms somewhere else...

9. GW_MoNeY

GW_MoNeY Member

where do you put your rom files?
    i put my emulator in a file called surreal 64 then i put that folder in my Emulator section. and in that folder i put a folder called roms. how did you set yours up?

10. jay73

jay73 Guest

E:\emulators\surreal 64\ is where the emulator-files are and

E:\emulators\surreal 64\roms is where the roms-files are.

11. reddragon

reddragon Member

i'm having the same problem

Surreal is in E:\Emulators\Surreal64
    There is a Roms folder at E:\Emulators\Surreal64\Roms

nothing fancy or complicated
    i've changed the surreal.ini file to point to the correct rom folder, yet the roms do not show up when surreal is loaded, even after repeated refreshing.
    i've also changed the paths in the other .ini files, the ones for the individual emulators that surreal incorporates

am i missing something really obvious here?
    like do i have to click on something else, is there another setting, or do the roms have to have a name with no spaces, or does it only support one type of rom? (i've got roms with .n64, .v64 and .bin extensions)

12. cando

cando Member

I too am having a problem getting Surreal 64 to recognize the ROMs on my system... No matter where they are located. Was anyone able to resolve this issue?

13. reddragon

reddragon Member

solved my problem by reading the Surreal 64 nfo file.
    bit of an obvious solution really, but the file wasn't included when i downloaded the emulator, i stumbled across it on a website when i was searching for help.

what you have to do is open the Surreal.ini file and make sure the first 3 lines read as follows:

[Settings]
    Rom Path=D:\Roms\
    Media Path=D:\Media\

for some reason Surreal 64 works so that D:\ is the folder that the program is in.
    so for eg. if you have Surreal in E:\Emulators\Surreal64 and your roms in E:\Emulators\Surreal64\Roms, setting the rom path to D:\Roms makes it look in \Roms

i think it works like this so you can run it regardless of which directory you have installed it to without changing the file manually. it might also be so it checks the hard drive directory and DVD-ROM drive together, so you can run more roms from a disk

try that and see if it works, it solved the problem for me on 3 separate Xboxs

14. PxAxBxLxO

PxAxBxLxO Member

first do what reddragon did above and if that doesn't work.

go into you msdashboard and find surreal 64 in your memory and delete it. after you delete it turn your xbox off then on again.

that should do it