1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal 64: Transfered roms not showing up in emulator

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by babayaga, Aug 4, 2005.

1. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

my xbox freezes alot on evol x when i come out of a n64 what does that mean?

2. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

and can you play ps1 games on xbox where do you to get it?

3. Mayanism

Mayanism Member

FBAXXX Pro dosent seem to work, it dosent boot it just shows the xbox screen wich means it booted the cd but nothing ealse loads do you know where to get another cps1, cps2, and neo-geo emulator for the xbox or do you know whats wrong with it???

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Well isn't it a pain.. I mean, these emulators come with pages and pages of readme and configuring info. PLUS they all have homepages and info sites everywhere... You lot want to try running seges in linux with a gamepad and sound!!

The only thing I can actually be bothered answering is the question about the box freezing after running surreal64.. ensure that evox.ini has been reloaded (reboot if necessary) as s64 doesn't unload very well and leaves bits lurking in ram.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2006
  5. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

ok i have a problem with my ps1 emulator it says, "could not load d:\bios\scph1001.bins" what does it mean and how do i fix it do i upload a new one?

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Try running the game in HLE mode first.. If not then you need a "working" bios (scph 1000/7500 us or 1001/7501 pal) and it needs to be in the right place.

I may have another tinker with this emulator during the holidays..It's traditional now.. game working list.. http://www.emuunlim.com/forums/view...previous&sid=8b7df76f3612e6ff3fa2da9b4eef6033

I kind of took over the work on this emulator by default.. It's a dormant project.. If you need some indepth help pm me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2006
  7. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

on surrel 64 it has that but on pcsxbox doesnt have that option on mine.

8. Mayanism

Mayanism Member

can someone tell me a place where i can get a cps1, cps2, and neo-geo emulator for the xbox that after downloading i just add the roms and make it iso and burn it and play it please..

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

All emulators have a homepage. ngemu is a good place to start.

The psx emulators all have a "bios" folder, usually in the "system" folder, or hanging around in a root directory.. The sega emulators are exactly the same in this respect. Only have one bios in the active folder or there will be problems, store others in a bdata folder and be prepared to change the scripts. It goes without sayng that you always work with backups of scripts. There is a guide for the pc version here.. http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/epsxeguide.htm There hasn't been (and unless I get off my ass never will be) a guide for the xbox version.

Have you actually sourced a scph bios? They don't come with the emulator for legal reasons.

We're now miles off topic.. Surreal64..just read the instructions, it works out of the box. If it doesn't it's because you haven't followed the instructions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2006
  10. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Ok i went on google and found one "scph 1001.bins i put it in the pcsxbox/bios folder then i restarted the xbox and went to the pcsxbox and it said "could not load D:\bios\scph\1001.bin" first of all what does it mean and how do i fix it?

11. Mayanism

Mayanism Member

does anyone know if fbaxxx can load from a dvd or cd if you do where can you get the version that does or how can you make it load, because i allready have one but i haven't tried to make it load.

thanx to any reply's

12. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Ok i put in one schp1001 i think how you spelled it int he psxbox bios folder in a ftp and when i try to play a ps1 game it just freezes in the loading screen after i pick a game.

13. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

HEY I OVER HEARD AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD! you can put super nintendo games on a cd -r or cd +r and play them like a normal xbox game?

14. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  15. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Is this by chance a PS2 bios?

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

No..it's a ps1 bios.. A lot of the files advertised as "scph-1001.bin" are actually crap! Get one from a reputable source, or dump one from a ps1. Some games need a "scph-1000.bin" and a few later ones need a scph-79XX.bin" there are a few variants for this, but the 1000 and 1001 will generally play everything that the emulator can handle...A good one when you load just the bios will give you the normal ps1 dash..memory and play cd blue screen.
    If games are freezing at the loading screen it's usually because your .img file isn't right. REMEMBER..not all games work.and if you are trying to play an original ps1 disk forget it..the xbox dvd drive can't handle the black disks.

Why are you trying to load D:\bios..that's not where the bios is. Change the .ini script to point at the bios folder, not the dvd drive.

This is the only discussion on this emulator anywhere on the internet..use some sense with what you are doing..

Emulators take a little bit of getting used to..have a play with the pc version which will play original disks, and can be used to test bios files!!, Practice making .img files from games too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2007
  17. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

ok when i first got the emulator on it well it just said that as soon as i got it with the games on it and i'm new to computers so would would i get the best bios and if i did found it where i put it on the ftp to the ps1 emulator?

18. yungplaya

yungplaya Member

ok i just got it working but the problem now is that it makes a stactic noise when i'm playing the games.