1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surreal 64

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by FullySik, Aug 14, 2004.

1. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i downloaded surreal64 and i burnt it on to a cdrw and when i put it in the xbox it says unknown is there something im doing wrong?
    thanks

2. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

its not like that at all. ive not heard of anyone actually being able to copy it to a disc and using a file manager to get it to work, believe it or not there is alot u have to do to get surreal to work

you must first be able to ftp ur xbox to ur pc. you also have to make sure you have the right surreal 64, there are a couple other versions that wont work, (guex or somethin like that is one)

once u have established an ftp connection, copy your surreal folder into your Apps folder, or whatever folder you are using for your emu's. also note, when copying roms to ur hdd, you will need to go into the surreal.ini file and manually type in where the roms are "F:\apps\surreal64\roms" or wherever the roms will be. once u open the ini file its easier to understand, there is a specific part you change, and its labeled for the roms, so its not hard to find.

if u got any questions....HOLLA FRONT!

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I have mine on disk and it works not too bad. I never changed anything in my ini file at all...but if you have it on your hdd and then oput it to disk,you will have to erase your gamesaves for the emulator out of your M$ dash. I don't know if this helps but this is the first few lines from my ini

[Settings]
    Rom Path=D:\Roms
    Media Path=D:\Media
    Default Controller Config=00,01,02,03,08,09,0A,0B,04,05,06,07,0C,10,11,16,0D,17,00,01,02,03,08,09,0A,0B,04,05,06,07,0C,10,11,16,0D,17,00,01,02,03,08,09,0A,0B,04,05,06,07,0C,10,11,16,0D,17,00,01,02,03,08,09,0A,0B,04,05,06,07,0C,10,11,16,0D,17
    Default 1964 Dyna Mem=8
    Default 1964 Paging Mem=4
    Default PJ64 Dyna Mem=16
    Default PJ64 Paging Mem=4
    Default Use LLE RSP=0
    Default Use Basic Audio=0
    Default Max Video Mem=4

Also,if you can goto 'the usual place' to get the emulator or you might try eurasia...they might have one that works.

4. Brice123

Brice123 Member

I can sell you a disk with 300 n64 roms on it and surreal 64 for $40. Email me at briceayres@sbcglobal.net if you want a copy.

5. Brice123

Brice123 Member

sorry, I meant $50, which is still a good price for 300 games that you can play right off the disk

6. micahman

micahman Member

First of all, that is illegal. And no it isnt a good price if you can get them all off of the internet for free. This is a forum, not a flea market for you to sell stuff.

7. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

How many of those 300 games do you think will work properly anyway? My guess is not too many...

8. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

hey, send me 50 dollars, and i will send you a blank disc that you can use to put your own roms on there...what a baffoon, hey, i got an idea, dont be a grab ass, and stop soliciting.

9. Brice123

Brice123 Member

Hey guys, sorry, I read the no soliciting right after that post. sorry about that, won't happen again

10. Konoko

Konoko Member

hi i still have a problem with Surreal 64 i have done the above puttin on CD and HDD as well as editting the .ini file and still when i launch .xbe file i get a Black screen and no response from my xbox at all does anyone know were i might of gone wrong and can you help please ?

11. micahman

micahman Member

I would get a new download of it. Also make sure that you are launchin the default.xbe file and not one of the other ones, because they will not give you any responce. Basiclaly there are some surreal64 downloads that don't work. Try another one

12. nonoandy

nonoandy Member

so i have a problem with surreal. It is on my box and i can open it up but the games i put in the roms floder isn't showing up. I set the surreal.ini to look in the folder where i saved the games. What format should they be saved as .???, how can i get it to find the game.

13. FullySik

FullySik Guest

i got my surreal to work on a cd-rw and i saved it in my xbox using pxhdd loader

nonoandy try clicking the refresh button on the bottom right

14. nonoandy

nonoandy Member

Ok got it, first the roms i had didn't work after redownloading and making the extension .v64 it work with two of the three emulators.

15. JP05

JP05 Member

I got Surreal on my box and it opens fine but no roms show up. All my roms are of a .usa extension and the first few lines of my surreal.ini file are
    Settings]
    Rom Path=F:\Games\N64\Roms\
    Media Path=F:\Games\N64\Media\

16. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Try changing your extension to v64 or n64.