1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal.ini

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Doyle2727, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

ive put some roms onto my xbox and ive had no luck playing em in surreal.. ive searched many forums and i get the same answer.. i need to edit surreal.ini

all i need to kno is how DO YOU EDITsurreal.ini?? lmao

any help would be great thank you.. it would end my nightmare of countless hours trying to get it to work!

2. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

well i think ive got em in the right place now lol.. but weneva i start up surreal it just hangs and i get a blank screen.. ima have anutha bash at it and ill post what ive done

3. Doyle2727

Doyle2727 Member

nope no good lol

any help wud be appreciated! cheers

4. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Here's the answer to your question on how to edit the (surreal.ini). Simply turn on your computer, your get to your dashboard on your xbox, preferrably your evox, assuming that's is what you have. You have two options from here. You can use the address bar and ftp to your xbox through this command on the addresss bar(ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.X) X being your variable number your xbox shows on your ip. Or the easy way is to simply go to your network places on your computer, and click on add a netowrk place. Click on choose another network location. Then type in ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.X (Don't type in X, it is a variable number that the xbox was given. Here's and example ipaddress using the ftp: xbox:xbox@192.168.0.1
    Once it opens up, you can always access this location again if you have to without having to redo your command lines.
    When you get there, open the F: partition, and then click on Apps, then emulators, then your surreal64, and then copy and paste your surreal.ini file to your computer. From there, you can open and edit the file. I have placed instructions as to how to edit the file in another surreal64 forum on this site, find it and you'll just have to follow the directions on how I fixed the problem. Good Luck.
    Gryph