1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surreal64 Emulator Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Oct 8, 2004.

1. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Hi guys, I was just wondering, do N64 Roms run without problems on a modded xbox? What chip is best for running emu's? I'm thinking about getting the Xecuter 2.6 Lite...

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Whether Surreal64 runs on Xbox without problems doesn't concern what chip you wanna use, it's a hardware problem. The Xbox has a 64MB RAM limit, hence giving Xbox trouble when it tries to emulate the N64 hardware and software at the same time. But hey, Mario64, Zelda Ocarina of Time and WaveRace 64 work without problem so that's all that matter.

3. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Thanks Achilles! I guess i'll have to try and swap my 1.6 Xbox with one of my buddies' older versions so I can upgrade the RAM...

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hey that's cool that you're gonna upgrade the RAM, I wanted to do it myself for awhile now but afraid of the risks involved. Let me know when you have done it successfully.

5. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Well, i'm not gonna personally do it, there's a place that does it, PM me if you want the website...they're a legitimate quality place...my buddy had his xbox modded through them, now i'm gonna send mine to them to do the RAM upgrade...good prices too...

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Awesome, check your pm box.