1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround sound echo

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by Thedadyma, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Thedadyma

Thedadyma Guest

Hi i'm kind of a noob with surround sound but I have wireless back speakers and when they are on they have a very noticeable echo I have a Sony DAV-HDX975WF please respond soon

2. JeffroDH

JeffroDH Member

Hello.

Alright, I'm not familiar with that particular receiver, but I've a sony as well, and I think I might have a solution to your problem, if we can define it a bit more clearly.

Is the echo a function of the receiver putting a room effect on the speaker? Sometimes those effects can add more reverb and echo than actual ambience. Look through your manual and ensure that you're getting raw sound.

Second, the echo may be a function of the relative distances of the different speakers from your listening position. My receiver's got a setup menu that will allow you to program in the approximate distance of each speaker, and sync up the audio sent so that it arrives in the same place at the same time.

Third, if you're listening to the audio from your receiver, and the TV volume is also up, it is unlikely that they are syncronized. Lower or mute the volume on the actual television, and control the volume via your receiver.

Hope this helps.