1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surround sound help

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by robbo1987, May 29, 2004.

1. robbo1987

robbo1987 Member

i have recently bought and setup a labtec arena 675 s.1 surround sound system on my pc, but i am having problems playing back dvds and games in 5.1 audio, i know all the speakers are connected correctly and when i do a speaker test a sound comes out of each speaker like it should do. but when i play dvds or go on games with 5.1 audio i only get sounds out of the front 3 speakers, nothing out of the rear speakers. anybody be able to help me out, any help will be greatly appreciated

2. Uriel88

Uriel88 Guest

listen carefully: the problem is that your sound card frequency is not compatible with your receiver frequency.
    Try to configure your S/PDIF frquency and switch it to the correct frequency (look at manual of your sound card), otherwise your gonna need to buy another sound card (like creative usb sound blaster).

Suerte...

3. borgel

borgel Guest

i really need help!!!!!!!!! when i listen to any music or play any games there isnt any sound coming out of my center channal speaker.My sound card is the Creative Sound Blaster Live LS.i would really apreciate any help!

thans

4. Gnomex

Gnomex Regular member

Hmm...

1. You said you got sound from your speakers using a setup tone test. This fact means all is well with the hardware.

2. However, your drivers that came with your sound card could be out of date. I would visit creative and download the most current drivers and other mixer related patches. You might want to check out out any CMMS updates for your ccard.

5. borgel

borgel Guest

yes i have checked for new drivers and there arent any so that is out of the question

6. borgel

borgel Guest

Oh yeah,what are CMS updates?Please excuse my ignerence.

7. borgel

borgel Guest

cmms i mean