1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround sound with two sets of stereo speakers

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Doubtful, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Doubtful

Doubtful Member

Hi, I want to set up a simple surround sound in my room, and I have two sets of identical
    stereo speakers and I was wondering if there was a way to get them to to act as surround
    sound speakers. The speakers are relitively good and so have a nice bass response, also
    shaking the plaster off of my walls with über bass is not what I want to do!

The other problem is that I only have 1 output on my sound card (there is another one on
    the front but it cuts out the other speakers when something gets pluged into them. I fear
    that this is a hardware thing, so nothing can be done about it) I have however heard of
    software that will turn an input into an output, so if there is anything that you can
    recomend please let me know, either by posting or by email.

Cheers in advance.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

let me get this straight.....

You want to plug 4 speakers into your PC sound card line out, and set it up to make a "simulated" serround sound?

Do you have an amp of ANY sort? If you had even a cheap amp that had 4 channels out then I could tell you how to make a very good cheap serround sound setup.

But for your purposes it may be just as easy to buy a 6 speaker serround sound PC kit. They can be has as cheap as $70 and come with 4 regular speakers, a center channel and a sub. That would plug right into your sound card and do what you want.

If you DO have an amp of some sort that you are feeding your sound card into then plugging the speakers into that then post back how many speaker outputs it has and I can maybe set you up with the other method.

3. Doubtful

Doubtful Member

It doesn't matter any more, but what I wanted to do was to do a soft mod and make one of the inputs an output.