1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suspended due to Non-Functional Email.

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Domreis, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Hello,

I have been suspended 3 times now due to a "non-functional email" I use comcast as my main email provider. I have recently changed my email to my .Mac email to avoid being suspended again... I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with a comcast email or any other IP provider??

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

I have Comcast too and use it for my email. I'm only at 2 suspensions for 'non-functional email':)
    Kinda of weird because in the 3 years I've been here my email address hasn't changed and the suspensions happened around a month or so ago. Never had a problem until recently.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Yeah, exactly... I have been here for 3 years as well and the suspensions have all happened within the last month or so!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Maybe Afterdawn is trying to tell us something :D

Just a guess but I'm thinking it may have been something with the newsletter (?) I noticed that when the suspensions happened I stopped getting the newsletter - but now I'm getting it again w/o changing anything in my profile. Comcast may have flagged it as spam for whatever reason - maybe they upped their spam filter - just a total guess.

5. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

I get that under my nick all the time but it doesn't have the due to a "non-functional email" part just a date LMAO!!

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

There has been a huge spate of this here for a while now; it's an ISP thing i think, it's in one of the threads here somewhere, can't remember the details though

7. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Some ISPs have started doing something weird with their incoming email servers -- most notably yahoo. The weird thing is that in most cases they don't even report us the problem, but simply "bounce" the emails back and don't give any explanations why it was done.

We've actively tried to be in touch with major email providers and the attitude and responses have been somewhat mixed. Surprisingly, one of the best parties to deal with, has been Microsoft and they report us back every time someone flags our newsletters or other valid emails sent from us as "Junk" and in response to that, we've adopted a rule that if a user flags our emails as junk, we close that account for good (this is simply due the fact that if one or more people, say, with hotmail account flags our newsletter as junk, hotmail as a whole, will adopt to that and start automatically flagging our newsletters as junk for everybody who uses the same email provider).

Responses from Yahoo have been very, very hard to get and their email servers seem to be "wobbly" at best -- sometimes emails go through nicely, sometimes they all come back as "bounces" and sometimes the email servers simply don't let anything through at all (we've seen cases where we've had 10,000 emails in queue several days after the newsletter was sent, simply waiting for yahoo email server to respond).

But as always, we investigate, so let us know if you expreience stuff like this and we try to sort it out with the email provider in question.

8. onya

onya Guest

LOL...I thought so too when it happened, twice so far i think. My isp must have it's filters tuned up really tight as I never get spam in any of the email addys they provide, unlike the hundreds in Yahoo. I'll hazzard a guess also and say it's the isp's fault. The mob I use is a small outfit here in Sydney, and you can almost bet your last dollar that on really hot days, their servers will fall over. Get your bloody aircon fixed fellas.

@ZoSoIV. You get a date next to yours you reckon? Maybe me is missin out?

(onya backs away very slowly.... and runs :)

9. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

I have AIM, so maybe it depends on the e-mail provider...

10. matt72

matt72 Regular member

Hi,

Just realized yahoo was not getting notifications from here due to reading this thread. Thanks I would have never known there was an issue with my account if this wasn't posted.