1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

svcd 2 vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by raymond, May 27, 2002.

1. raymond

raymond Member

Hi
    i need to convert svcd to vcd stand alone dvd wont play svcds tried tricking it by changing the header but still no good
    so it does need recoading
    what software do i need please
    TIA

2. RICKO1

RICKO1 Member

i would like to convert svcd to vcd

3. Sazaziel

Sazaziel Member

Even though it may seem that some standard PC CD-roms or PC DVD players are not compatible with SVCDs that is not particularly true. If you want to play an SVCD on any PC CD-rom or PC DVD player and it is not recognized then all you have to do is play the actual file inside of the Mpegav folder. This method does not seem to work on Windows Media Player but, using a program like PowerDVD where you can go into file or disc mode you would have to choose the file inside the Mpegav folder on the SVCD disc. PowerDVD will recognize the file when you choose file mode. Select the file inside the Mpegav folder on the SVCD disc and PowerDVD will play the file in the MPEG2 stream.

Now to encode an SVCD MPEG2 streamed file into VCD MPEG1 is very simple. You can use a program as simple as TMPGenc to encode an MPEG2 stream into MPEG1 which is standard for all VCDs and it can finally be played in the Windows Media Player or created as a VCD using VCD burning software. Nero burning rom is an acceptable program to burn VCDs with but, yet a very complicated program to use. If you want to create VCDs without the complications then try Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum. It has a simple, directive, and easy to use interface and in my opinion its also fun!