1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD Audio Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by kruller, Mar 26, 2004.

1. kruller

kruller Member

First of all I'm new to VCD/SVCD so sorry if my question is obvious. I've done my best but found no answer.

When trying to open this SVCD file, Media Player tries to download codecs but doesn't succeed. Then Video plays fine but there is no Audio.

I have opened the same file with WinDVD and although this time Audio works but is terribly choppy.

I have tried adding it to Nero under SVCD and it found that it has "invalid audio stream 48000 Hz, 2 channels"

From what I've found out after looking that up most people don't encounter problems with 48000 Hz audio stream so what can I do to solve this? Does it have to do with codecs or do I need to resample the audio and in that case how can this be done????

I want to be able to play this video on both PC and DVD player (my player supports SVCD)

thank you!

2. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

when you make a typical svcd, you downsample the audio to 44mhz. I would try and downsample the audio from 48 to 44 and see if that fixes the problem..

3. kruller

kruller Member

Thanks for the answer but with what program do I downsample the audio?

4. dbecker

dbecker Regular member

dvd2avi does a great job and most audio editing programs do this...to see how it is done in dvd2avi go to htpp://entiendo.gotnet.net/