1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD DAT files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mcfz, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mcfz

mcfz Member

Hello, First Post!

I know, I know... There are 30 million guides, 30 million pieces of software, and 30 million combinations to do it...

Here is my question...

I go some VCD's (good quality mind you), I use ISOBuster to yank out the .DAT file. The .DAT File looks and sounds great on my PC. Inorder to keep my sanity I use a merger and join either 2 or 3 .DAT files together in to one nice .mpg file. I believe it is a compliant MPeg2 format (but what do I know).

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have been using Nerovision Express to make a menuless, one chapter DVD movies... That is ALL I wanted!

However my only complaints are:
    a) is not very clean (as it was on my pc)
    b) it takes between 2-4 hours (depends on length of video) to "transcode & write" the thing

Please tell me there is a better way...

Any advice/directions to guides/or simple rants appreciated...

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

This isn't going to be much help but here goes. Your conversion time is about right. I don't think it will matter what program you use. The only thing that will make it go somewhat faster is a very fast PC and processer. Here is the guide off the forum. I don't know if it will give you better quality or not but its off the guide tab at page top.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/svcd_to_dvdr_from_img.cfm

I think there is some quality loss doing a conversion any way you do it.

Jerry

3. mcfz

mcfz Member

Wow.

So basically no matter which method I use, I will end up killing several hours at least :(

I did notice however, CERTAIN MPG files or AVI files convert FASTER than others. Is this due to the way the file(s) have been encoded (eg: res and audio bitrates)?

I was hoping there was a QUICKER way to save me some time, but it don't look like it :(