1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD encoder + nero

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by philp, Feb 9, 2003.

1. philp

philp Member

Hi there - i've got the SVCD encoding pluging for nero, but when I try and burn a AVI file (DIVX5) - after i drag it on it says the CD needs to be 960meg and i've selected "try to fit to disk". Do i need to chop my movie into two pieces to burn it correctly. If so how do i do this?

Peace_X_X_X_X_X_[small]--
    Phil[/small]

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

When you have a .mpg file then get TMPGEnc http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_tools/tmpgenc.cfm

In TMPGEnc, click file - mpeg-tools. click the merge and cut tab. Click add and open the mpg file. then select the mpg file and click edit. Now you will see two button { and }. These basically means start selection and end selection so you use them to select anywhere on the SVCD. Then click ok. Now make sure to change MPEG-2 Program to Super Video CD. Click browse and browse to somewhere to save your selection. Dont forget the .mpg extension and click RUN! Do that as much as you need!

3. philp

philp Member

im sure its an avi in fact it is i just checked it is.

4. Dela

5. philp

philp Member

the nero plugin does it for you does it not?

6. Dela

I don't use the nero plugin because it often makes crap out of the movie, TMPGEnc is good, CCE SP is better but very very expensive!

7. philp

philp Member

okay then - i trust you :)

8. Dela

lol, I hope so, I would recommend using nero with the svcd plugin if you have short movies, for everyuthing else use TMPGEnc or CCE SP. I also recommend you try DVD2SVCD! DVD2SVCD is a frontend that uses many sifferent programs to encode a vcd/svcd and you can use either TMPGEnc or CCE SP with it! The reason I wouldn't rely on nero is loads of people have had weird problems with it including, upsidedown encoding!