1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD High Quality Video with Nero?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Chuck1212, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Chuck1212

Chuck1212 Member

I have 700MB mpg file that I have burned on a cd as an image (cue file) with Nero. I selected the 2kbs per second bit rate, but am dissapointed with the video quality. (Video quality is worse than VHS.) Does spilting the movie file in two help? I have tried that with TMPEG but can't open the file. Everytime I try I get the following message "can not open, or unsupported." Also, does the type of cd you use to burn the movie matter? I have seen really good quality SVCD on the net and am anxious to burn some high quality stuff of my own.

Thanks!
    Chuck

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You say you have a 700mb Mpeg File, How was this File Created?? Is it SVCD Compliant?? Is Nero Re-encodeing the File before Burning?? Generally speaking the Burning Program Has no effect on the Quality, It is the Program used to Create the SVCD Compliant File and the Quality of the Source File that the SVCD File was created From....