1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD SIZE?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by synapse, Apr 9, 2005.

1. synapse

synapse Member

Hi, i have 3 encoded movies, they are 25fps and 107kbs data rate. They are compressed using divx codec. They are all each 247mb's each. I'm trying to make each one fit on it's own svcd; however, when i use roxio, it goes 100mb over the limit of 700 mb. They are 37 minutes each approximately. Is there a way to downsize it or maybe a different program?

Thanx in advance.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

For SVCD's the main mpg track is burnt mode2 form2 allowing for 800MB's on a 80min disc instead of the regular 700.

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Using FitCD carefully, you can choose the bitrate settings properly on TMPGenc to transform the final mpeg-2 movie into 2*830 MB mpegs (Celtic_d is correct. You can burn more than 700 MB on a MODE2 disc, exactly 2336/2048 of that number for a movie, 2352/2048 for an already authored image), putting half-movie into FitCD and using the correct FitCD input (authoring [mpeg --> SVCD] application, encoding [TMPGenc settings], and so on). Later you'll make the SVCDs with Nero, VCDGear+any burning application.... Look in http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd2svcd_with_tmpgenc.cfm (FitCD step. Use your .AVI as the .D2V input the guide describes).

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005