1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD to DVD problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by -Polaris-, Jan 1, 2005.

1. -Polaris-

-Polaris- Member

I know there are many tutorials and what not, and I have tried them, but I never seem to fully underatand what I'm doing. How can I take an SVCD and convert it so I can put it on a DVD and play it in my dvd player? I can't just burn the bin file to a cd and have it play because my dvd player doesn't support SVCD.

I tried using iso buster to extract the video files from the bin, but the mpeg gets all screwed up and intervideo says it's an unsupported video type. I'm so confused as to why people release SVCD releases so much when they're such a pain to burn correctly. Thanks for any help

2. benotto04

benotto04 Member

Well, i'm still a newbie, but I'll post what i do know.

1. if the SVCD files aren't in your HDD, then you'll need some authoring program to pass them to your computer first.
    2. If you already have the .MPG SVCD files in your HD, then, in my opinion, first demux your .MPG to .M2V & .MP2, then the audio must be converted to 48 KHz AC3 to make it compatible with the DVD.
    3. Mux the files with TMPGenc, but then you'll need another authoring program.

Try searching the web "SVCD2DVD".