1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD to VCD Guide Important Announcement!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dela, Nov 28, 2003.

1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Sorry but Pegasys seem to not be distributing the MPEG-2 decoder with the FREE version of TMPGEnc, therefore you will have to get a trial version or TMPGEnc Plus or Purchase TMPGEnc Plus to follow my SVCD to VCD guide. Sorry about that! I'll try my best to find a simple solution to this, if anybody has one (besides the infamous DVD2AVI - TMPGEnc mentod) feel free to post it, thnx! :)

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

OK, easy solution found to this problem. Just download the M2v plugin for TMPGEnc from here...

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/m2v_plugin_for_tmpgenc.cfm

Now all you have to do is open that file and extract ALL the files in it to the same directory as you have TMPGEnc in. Then run the file m2vconf.exe and close it again. Now you should be able to open the MPEG-2 files. I would also recommend that you use tooLame and SSRC as the guide suggests for the audio.

Sorry about that mix up. I'll update the guide to it as soon as possible. Thnx for pointing it out!