1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD VCD Parts 1 2 and sometimes 3 into 1 file

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by DaOsT, Jan 10, 2004.

1. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

I have SVCD's that are 2 cd's and one is even 3 cd's is it possible to mate the 3 files into 1 file so that they can be pieced together and be placed onto a dvd???...........is it possible to encode a SVCD into a vob file thru TMPGEnc like you can an avi so that I can play it back o My dvd player

if so what software is required??...........

I can make an avi into a vob file easily tho it takes My pc a good day to encode it thru TMPGEnc

hope you can help appreciated as ever

DaOsT

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If you Have SVCD"s you want to Put on DVD then you Don"t have to Do any Encodeing or Converting accept for the audio because you can Burn SVCD"s to DVD as a Non-Standard DVD which Most DVD players should be able to Play especially if they can Play SVCD in the First Place...All you need to do Join all of the SVCD Parts into One File ,You can use a Real Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR or you can use Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" feature But I have had sync Problems useing it to Join Files together..After you have Joined them into one Big file you Demux the File into a seperate audio and Video file..Now you Just re-sample the SVCD audio to 48000hz, you can use Tmpgenc for this also but a Higher Quality encoder would be better...Then you Just need to use a DVD authoring program like "DVD-Lab" to author it to DVD as DVD-Lab supports authoring SVCD"s to DVD..This way is Much better than re-encodeing the File to DVD specs Cuz re-encodeing allways Lowers the Quality of the Final DVD...You can download a 30 day DVD-Lab demo here : http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/ .....Cheers

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Minion thanxs alot ....what high quality encoders would you recommend as I have only used TMPGEnc so far

DaOsT

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

There are only 4 encoders that are really any good they are "Tmpgenc, MainConcept Encoder, Canopus Procoder and CinemaCraft encoder"....

5. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

THANXS Minion I will try the main concept encoder and go from there as TMPGEnc seemed to dislike My SVCD's

DaOsT

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you going to try to Re-encode your SVCD files or are you going to burn them to DVD without re-encodeing the Video?? Putting them directly on DVD would be your Best bet cuz re-encodeing is just going to Ruin the Quality of the Picture...All you need to do is Resample The audio in the SVCD Movie and then Author it to DVD useing DVD-Lab..I used this method backing up my SVCD Collection to DVD which was over 400 SVCD"s and all of them work Perfectly...All you need to do is Join all 3+ SVCD Files together useing a Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR or even Tmpgenc "Merge & Cut" feature, then after joining all the parts into a single seamless movie you do what is called "Demultiplexing" or "Demuxing" for short, This seperates the Mpeg file into a seperate Mpeg Video File and an Audio File ,Now you just re-encode just the Audio File to 48000hz ..And that is basicly it Now you load the Audio and Video file into "DVD-Lab" and add your Chapters and Menu"s and make a DVD....

7. olo

olo Member

Can u trick dvd player and put svcd files onto DVD medium so u could sqeeez like 300mins in svcd quality onto dvd?

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

What do you think I have been explaining in This Post?? Of Course you can Put SVCD"s on DVD and it isn"t a Matter of Tricking your DVD Player because it will either Play the File or won"t there is no Tricking going on...It is a Matter of Finding a DVD authoring Program that will Accept the SVCD Files as DVD Compliant and Make a DVD out of it, and so far the only one that I know of that has all of the Features you would want in a dvd Authoring Program is and accept non-standard Video resolutions is "dvd-lab" , There are other Methods But they involve Patching the Headers on the SVCD File to DVD Specs and this Method doesn"t allways work But with DVD-Lab they work in about 90% of players....

9. olo

olo Member

So I can play 4-5 hours of svcd mpegs from DVD medium, like it was svcd, on homeplayer...?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  10. Minion

Minion Senior member

"YES"!!!!

11. olo

olo Member

Sorry Minion I was so suspicious hence annoying too but when I tried it with other toolz it always made from my 100MB mpeg2 a 400MB DVD-V file so I could never squeeez my files at their mpeg2size onto dvd but with DVD-LAB it does work :) thanks. I have another issue if u know the answer to: My dvdplayer plays cdrws with mp3s but doesnt want to play dvds with mp3s how can I get it to work not turning my mp3 into vob sound tracks? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  12. olo

olo Member

Minion,so when I first tried putting my mpegs on dvd and it quadrupled its size it's only because it converted from lower resolutions to dvd 720*480 right?

13. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well sort of..It isn"t the Bigger resolution that increases the file size but the higher Bitrate used to encode DVD"s and since DVD"s use a Higher Resolution you need to use a Much Higher Bitrate to achieve the same quality...so if you re-encode your SVCD"s to DVD you will get a lower quality file with more than twice the File size that is why it is good to first try to put SVCD"s on DVD as they are instead of re-encodeing them...Cheers

14. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

Minion firstly thanxs for all the info I have been away partying most of the weekend sleep drink sleep drink type thing but I am trying what you said now will keep you informed

ThanxS

DaOsT

15. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

error encoding MPEG Audio frame 120374(52:24) incomplete frame

does that mean that you cannot puull the audio into its own file is there any way to fix it??

DaOsT

16. Minion

Minion Senior member

It sounds like there is a Corrupted sector or some other error in the audio stream ,But if you are encodeing SVCD to DVD then you should not re-encode the audio because it is allready in the Correct Format for DVD...You should Demux the SVCD file into seperate audio and Video Files use Tmpgenc"s "Simple Demultiplexor" (File to "Mpeg tools" to "Simple Demultiplex") and then encode just the Video to DVD and after encode just the Video Take the Audio from the SVCD and the DVD Mpeg Video file and Multiplex them together useing Tmpgenc"s "Simple Multiplex" this way you don"t ruin the audio Quality also ,You could also Demultiplex the SVCD file and take the audio and Encode it to Wav format and use the wav file as the audio source in Tmpgenc and the Demuxed SVCD Video file as the Video source......good luck

17. grae48

grae48 Guest

I just tried to burn a svcd onto a dvd exactly the way you described in the first messege, i am burning matrix revolutions svcd. In the middle of the movie about 45 minutes into it, i get 4-5 second audi delay, any idea why? I joined the mpeg parts in tmpgenc into 1 mpeg, then separted audio and video, then reencoded the audio to 48000, then went into dvdlab added, the vid and audio files, compiled and burnt the project but now i have the audio delay later on in the movie any ideas why that might be?

18. Minion

Minion Senior member

well there is One Problem , You joined the 2 SVCD File as Mpeg1 in Tmpgenc, SVCD is Not Mpeg1 ,SVCD is Mpeg2...But that is Probably not the Problem ,The problem is Probably with Tmpgenc"s "Merge & Cut" as it sometimes does this when joining 2 files together...Did you Watch the Joined File to make sure it stayed in Sync??? well the Next time you go to Put SVCD"s on to DVD Join your 2 SVCD/Mpeg2 files useing a Real mpeg editor Like "Mpeg2VCR" which is a Frame accurate Mpeg1/2 editor/Joiner...and when Joining 2 Mpeg files it is allways good to cut the Last Gop off the end of File #1 ,This assures that if at the end of file #1 there is some extra Audio or Video which can cause de-sync that it gets Cut off.....Good Luck

19. grae48

grae48 Guest

i figured the problem was like you said, the extra audio and video that is at end and beginning of mpeg 1 and 2. My question is how do you cut off the last GOP??

20. Minion

Minion Senior member

I told you you need to get an Real Mpeg editor like Mpeg2VCR ,It will automaticly allways make sure that the audio and Video are the same Length and that there is no extra at the end of the file....