1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCD video jumping after burning w/Ulead DVD Movie Factory

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nba, Jan 17, 2003.

1. nba

nba Member

Hi,

I encoded my AVI using TMPGEnc w/SVCD resolution. Comes out fine when played as a file. But when I use DVD Movie Factory to add menus and burn an SVCD, the video is good for ~15mins and then becomes jumpy (freezes, then jumps ahead). Audio is still good though.

Happened on 3 movies, all good in the beginning and deteriorating later. Tried both 8x & 4x.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Did ulead DVD Movie Factory re-encode the file or anything because it seemed to be makin crap outta my svcds before so i dropped it!

3. nba

nba Member

I read in this forum that it is not a good idea to allow it to re-encode. But as of my knowledge there were no settings that I could change to prevent.

To answer your question - looks like it has done something because the mpg file that it put on the disk is a little larger than what I had. Maybe it is trying to add the menus and stuff I added in Ulead.

If you dont mind, could you tell me what you did or choose after Ulead gave you bad SVCDs?

Thanks

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

If the avi file played just fine on your pc (no video& audio sync), then this is either a software issue, or a burning issue. I recommend you use VCDEasy and burn at 4x. I also recommend you use DVD2SVCD to convert divX& avi using CCE m8.

http://www.vcdeasy.org/
    VCDEasy WON"T re-encode your file format(s)

Shoey