1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SVCDs screwing up when burning

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Dromhus, May 28, 2003.

1. Dromhus

Dromhus Guest

I recently downloaded a SVCD (bin/cue files). When I load it up in Daemon Tools it plays just fine on my computer, but when I burn it the image gets all funky with green and purple stuff on the top and bottom of the screen. I initially thought it might have been a Nero problem, becuase it seems to act up every now and then, so I tried it in Alcohol 120 and Veritas RecordNow, but it happened in both of those. I'm also pretty sure that it's not my DVD player because I have played many VCDs and SVCDs on it. I have wasted about 6 CDs on this one movie now, so PLEASE...someone help me

Here is a pic of the problem. Sorry about the quality but I had to take a pic of my TV with a digital camera...that was the only way to get a screencap.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

could be the cd's you are using or even your dvd player might not be good at playing svcd's have u tried many svcds?