1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sw update problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by ph2kuk, Apr 27, 2011.

1. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

I did the update as discribed & box rebooted back to sw update screen & is now stuck there even after its been unpluged all night. No action at all with remote or fron pannel buttons. Any ideas?
    Tanks

2. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

Sory all I forgot say it's a kva780. has all latest rom etc. I have reflashed but as soon as I attemp sw update again the box reboots back to sw udate screen and sticks there again?

3. jodav

jodav Regular member

removed message

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  4. e45

e45 Regular member

you first need to have the Jan 2011 firmware on your box first if you want to update to the latest file your box also needs a net connection from your router as well

check your system info it should say 24/04/2011 if you have the firmware installed correctly

5. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

Hi
    Yes I have that firmware & internet lan tested ok. The only way to take the box out of sw update page is to reflash & then next time I try to update as per instuctions the box imediatly turn off then on & back to same page, Its just stuck there?

6. e45

e45 Regular member

are you sure you are doing a S/W update and NOT a Data download ??

the box will reboot first then the download will start to download a zip file then it will unzip the file and install it after that your box will reboot

7. figof

figof Member

hi, could anyone please tell me if starview 7 is working again or is it still nt working. i have one. thank you

8. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

Yes doing a S/W, I have the lates bin & live lan but it will not update & sticks on the update screen even after unplugging. I had to reflash again to get it going & have chennels like sp1-2 etc but when I try S/W it just freezes up there. Maybe it has already updated I don't know is there a way to tel?

9. e45

e45 Regular member

3rd reply to you 2 via pm and now here yes it is working as i have said for the 3rd time

At the moment i suggest you hold off buying any cable box if you can and have a sky dish i suggest you try the sky route

Have a read here m8

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...o_setting_up_a_dm500s_for_cardsharing-846800/

10. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

It is still just freezing after first reboot on searching for update screen, the only way to get it out of that is to re flash? Had a few channels but they are not working either as of yesterday morning so I had to watch a very stutter’y mach on sopcast.

11. e45

e45 Regular member

What way have you got the box connected to the net direct or via home plugs wireless etc

also what are your current signal and quality levels % wise

12. ph2kuk

ph2kuk Member

I had to reflash again to get it off that page again. But this time I saw just the on displayed at the front & thought oh no it still stuck there, but when connected back to TV it did stay on the update page but this time it completed downloading and is now working fine. Thanks for your help; I was nearly ready to bin it.

13. e45

e45 Regular member

glad ye sorted now do a factory default and new scan