1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swap HD in soft mod box with HD in hard mod box

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by forumuser, Jul 8, 2007.

1. forumuser

forumuser Member

I have two modded xboxen. One is a problem soft mod with a 250GB hard drive in it. The other is a hard modded xbox with a stock hard drive in it. I want to have the full 250gb hard drive that is currently in the soft modded box in my hard modded xbox. The stock drive in the hard modded box will go into the soft modded box and I'll have to redo the soft mod.

Is it possible to do this? What will have to do to make the box recognize a different drive? Will I need to do anything different to the drive that was in the soft mod?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, just change them, but get the eeprom from the HardModded xbox first as you'll need this to unlock it.

You'll also need the eeprom from the 250Gb one to get the softmod running again.

Install the 250Gb in the Hardmodded one, FTP in and steal the eeprom that should be backed up from when it was softmodded. Use that eeprom to get the stock drive working again with Xboxhdm!

3. forumuser

forumuser Member

Where do I find that when I FTP in?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

E:\UDATA\2xxxxxxxxxxxx\00000000000000\Backup

5. forumuser

forumuser Member

OK, one last probably stupid question. I'm not sure if the FTP had been setup on the old soft modded box. It there a default login I use? What do I do if it has changed?

6. chunkie

chunkie Member

When you say "problem softmod" does this mean it does not work. Also your FTP settings can be set via the setting options in you evox dash(or what ever you have). Also if you are not connecting to your network via a router you will need a crossover cable not a straight.

7. forumuser

forumuser Member

That is correct. I have the following:

Soft modded xbox w/ 250GB drive with a soft mod hit by the date/time bug. Basically, it was unplugged and the soft mod undid itself. This no longer operates like a soft modded xbox. It operates as a normal xbox.

Hard modded xbox x/ stock drive.

I want to put the stock drive into the soft modded xbox and put the 250GB one into the hard modded xbox.

Make sense?

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yep, like I said.

You do not need to FTP to the Softmod Xbox. Remove the 250Gb and install into Hardmod. FTP into Hardmod and get the eeprom from E:\UDATA\2xxxxxxxxxxxx\00000000000000\Backup, you may need to install a dash first.

The eeprom you've just recovered is the one from the broken Softmod. Use this eeprom, along with xboxhdm v1.9 to rebuild the stock HDD you have just removed from Hardmod. The eeprom will lock itself back to the Softmod Xbox. Install the stock HDD into Softmod Xbox.

The Softmod Xbox will now be a fully functioning stock Xbox.

The Hardmod Xbox will be running the 250Gb without issue!

9. forumuser

forumuser Member

I found instructions online on how to FTP to an XBOX. IT seems to indicate that you need a dashboard in order to do this. My soft modded box is messed up and doesn't have a dash since it is not working like a modded xbox. Can I find this info (the drive key information)by hooking the drive up to a regular computer?

I have tried just hooking the modded xbox drive up to the xecutor modded xbox and it says error 6 to do with hard drive. Is it possible that the hard drive from the soft modded xbox is screwed?

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read my tutorials!