1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Swapping Hard drives

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Occam, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Occam

Occam Member

Hello

My xbox hard drive is damaged beyond repair. I'm getting Error Code 9. I know why but I can't do anything about it because I don't have my eeprom.bin. If I were to buy a new xbox and put the new hard drive in my old case (the one with the broken hard drive) would it work without any significant problems, or is there software that I have to change?

Thanks

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

If you want you can get a better hard drive then the original with more space. You will also need a mod chip.

3. Occam

Occam Member

I'm a total noob at this, so you'll have to bear with me.

If I were to put in a modchip, it would probably be a solderless one. Would I install the modchip, and then install a new hard drive (right out of the box) without putting any files on it, and expect it to run properly? I don't know if the C:/ partition is necessary if you have a modchip.

Also, are there any good solderless modchips you guys recommend?

4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

no, that would not work, but here is how you can do it:

1. get a mod chip

2. Install it

3. get a pree made harddrive for the xbox (you can find one on ebay with 200gb and many apps on it.

~or~

1. get a mod chip

2. Install it

3. use the search bar on afterdawn.com and search for upgrading xbox hard drive" and follow a good tut you find

5. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yea the only way you can fix your xbox is with a modchip or an eeprom reader which creates an eeprom.bin file from the eeprom chip on your motherboard, i was reading about it a little bit on a thread somwhere here on afterdawn and i think you can make one with about $10 and a trip to radio shack