1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching from PC to MAC.

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by tekboi, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tekboi

tekboi Guest

I decided to switch from PC to MAC. My pc is good, but the Mac has way more power than my pc. There is a world of difference between MAC and PC. I actually bought it for video and audio projects. I do alot of editing. Did I make a good decision? or should I have upgraded my PC instead?

2. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

I actually went from pc to mac for video purposes and found my self wanting more. Within 2 years I had completly switched back to a Windows PC and Edit in AVID XPRESS PRO in lightspeed. Macs used to be good at video but (in my opinion) have lost their edge.

3. tekboi

tekboi Guest

yea, but with the new intel-based macs comming out, i don't know if that will be true.

4. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

the intels will be much faster.. and now the pro software by apple will be out in universal binaries by the end of march..

the final cut studio..
    http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/

5. tekboi

tekboi Guest

So, I should wait for intel-based powermacs? I'm waiting 4 the G5.

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

it would be a tough call on that.. i would probably wait myself.. even if you dont get the new intel based. they may have some good price drops on the previous ones..

7. tekboi

tekboi Guest

does anyone know when intel-based G5's are comming out

8. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

ok.. the intel is one processor.. the G5 is another one..
    the are already out.. the imacs, the macbook pros and the mac mini's are out with the intel processor.. if you're talking about the powermacs.. no.. not yet.. we are expecting the full line of mac machines with intel processors probably by the end of the year

9. tekboi

tekboi Guest

I can wait until the end of the year. But after that i'm going 2 have to make a decision. I can't imagine how much faster a intel quad power mac would be.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2006
  10. tekboi

tekboi Guest

Mac's cannot be upgraded right? I wouldn't wan't to have 2 buy another one after the one I bough become obsolete

11. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

they generally dont become obsolete.. the only on you can really upgrade would be the powermac.. it does have the pci slots.. the extra internal bays.. and all the machines you can add ram..

for video.. i would recommend the powermac

12. tekboi

tekboi Guest

Yes, i'm doing audio, video, and photo editing. Music & video creation. So, I will need alot of power. Being able to upgrade everything is very important to me. And not being able to upgrade the motherboard means that eventually it will be obsolete.

13. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

not always.. there's ppl out there still using powermac g4 towers.