1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync isues

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by astgte, May 5, 2007.

1. astgte

astgte Member

Hello there,just wondering if anyone else is having issues with nero 7 playing quite a lot of files outta sync. I am using xp and have had very few problems in the past, but over the last month or so, I am getting several movies that are badly outta sync with nero. The files play perfect with windows classic or player, or power dvd, or avi player, but nero gives me gyp? Is there maybe some new codecs that are goin around or a known problem with nero at the mo?
    Thanks for your time lookin at this

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello

If you're referring to Showtime, it has some issues. I don't use it myself. What version of Nero do you have?

3. astgte

astgte Member

not quite sure how to tell you that exactly, I do know it's the latest one. It isnt only showtime, if I try to burn it's outta sync too? So if it's outta sync on showtime it burns outta sync when using nero to burn. But have now used dvix to dvd converter and convert with that then nero express burns no problem, what issues are there with showtime then?

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Too many to list. It just doesn't work correctly for some configurations for some people. It used to work pretty well in Nero 6 but since the transition to Nero 7, it's had a variety of issues. Nerovision is an unreliable conversion program in terms of keeping audio and video in sync. I never can figure out how it'll work part of the time and not at other times. It's another one I don't use most of the time for conversion. ConvertXtoDVD seems to be much better for converting to DVD format. For converting all other file formats to divx, I generally use the free DrDivx to create the divx file and VirtualDub to create the AVI container. I've found ImToo's conversion software to be very good as well.

5. astgte

astgte Member

Well have now very successfully burnt four films using dvix first and then nero express to burn, they were miles out of sync in showtime but it seems to be working fine now, only drawback is I have lost the menu, but that was only for my own fun anyway so not that worried. Funny thing is, I have tried convertx, and just as it's finishing off converting it crashes everytime, so I cant use that. BUt not too worried now, it's actually faster using dvix and then burning than letting nero do the whole process.
    Thanks for the replies