1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync problem when burning to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ragtopdav, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ragtopdav

ragtopdav Member

I've done a search and can only find high end replies regarding sync's of ripped movies, but nothing for my own videos that I recorded, so here goes.

I have an AVI file that I'm burning to DVD. The AVI file plays perfect, but when I burn to DVD, the audio loses sync with the video towards the end. I've done this with 2 DVD's that were both under 10 minutes long. Are there specific settings that will help keep this from happening?

I'm using an HP Media Center with 1.5 gb ram and an NVIDIA Geforce 6200. The PC is 2 years old, and I know the video card could be upgraded, but I would think a 10 minute video should be able to be done with what I have.

2. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

First check the file, using GSpot, to see if it has VBR audio. If it does, it's not real easy to fix. That's one of the more common causes of synch loss. You don't mention what software you're using to author the DVD but you might try FAVC or DVD Flick.

3. ragtopdav

ragtopdav Member

I have Sony Vegas, Pinnacle 10, and Magix, and am using Magix. Pinnacle hangs on me all the time (go figure) and I just haven't taken the time to mess with Vegas. I probably should though.

Thanks for the info though, I'll check that.