1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sync problems with Replay Video Capture

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by khryss99, Jun 22, 2011.

1. khryss99

khryss99 Member

I've just started using Replay Video Capture to record embedded videos within webpages by direct screen capture. I've used other software from Applian, and it has always worked really well, but I can't get a decent result with RVC. I'm trying to capture an embedded Adobe flash video (Adobe Flash 10.3)played in IE 9. The captured video starts out fine, but as it progresses the sound and audio become increasingly out of sync until it is unwatchable. The video is only 24 minutes long.

I have contacted Applian support, but they are really useless - no suggestions past the basic settings and I have tried all their suggestions. What I would like to know here is whether anyone has any suggestions to things external to RVC (i.e. with my system or other software) that might be causing this problem?

I have disabled all add-ons within IE 9. I use Windows 7-64, Intel Quad core 2.4GHz.4Gb Ram. I have turned off real-time protection in MS Security Essentials in case this is getting in the way. My firewall is Online Armor Pro.

I am only trying to capture a small window (less than quarter of the full screen) using mpeg2, 6000 kbps, 25 fps. Audio 128 Kbps.

2. attar

attar Senior member

One thing to try is to load the file in Virtualdub, Click 'Video'> 'Frame rate..' > 'Change so video and audio durations match'.
    Then 'Video' > Compression' and select a codec (XviD) and save the new file.

There are other methods, each with more steps.

You might consider posting at the VideoHelp site.