1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Synchronization Problems

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Rovani, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Rovani

Rovani Member

Hello!

I hope this doesn't come across as too much of a "noobie" problem -- though I'm sure it is -- but I've recently begun trying to encode various Xvid files so I can watch them on my PC without having to constantly keep rifling through my collection.

I had a lot of success with some older DVDs I had, but most of the newer (but non-HD) ones I've attempted to rip and encode have had one huge problem. That problem? The video and audio often find themselves out of sync by a few seconds. Everything else is just peachy for the most part.

Does anyone have any advice to help me out? I'm guessing it has something to do with new copy protection measures, but I'm fairly clueless on the topic at present.

If it helps, I've been using AutoGK to encode and DVD Decrypter to rip. I've used a few other tools in the past, but they were all beyond my limited ability to comprehend and the end products were... well, let's just say "wretched" doesn't come close to describing whatever it was I created with them. :D

Thank you in advance!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

for the odd avi out of sync i use AVI-MUX GUI it works on 95% of avi files and gets the sync back, a free app and it works V-fast.