1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syncing subs (.srt) to .AVI (Xvid)

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by XGLX, Oct 4, 2006.

1. XGLX

XGLX Member

Hi ppl!

I am new to the sub'ing scene and thought i would try to ask ppl here and see if anyone can help me with my prob. As the subject suggests, i am having trouble syncing the subs that i have (srt)s, to the avi (Xvid)s that i have. I am trying to sync the subs to the episodes of the TV series i have of '24' (season 1). First, the video and the subs are from 2 different sources. Second, I have no problem displaying the subs but, at about every 10 - 20 seconds the subs become out of sync. Is this becaus the subs and the video have been recorded at two different Fps? Also because the episodes of 24 have been recorded from TV (actually i dont know this for sure), add breaks have been cut out and this further takes the subs out of sync.

Now.

1st I would like to know if subs are recorded at a certain Frame/per sec?

2nd, what would be the best way to sync my subs taking note of the add breaks that have been cut out and, the possible framerate per sec issue?

Please, any feedback is most welcome, i hope there is a solution to my prob.

I look forward to your responses,

XGLX

2. OneMember

OneMember Active member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  3. XGLX

XGLX Member

hey, thanks OneMember, u have been helpful. i used subtitle workshop to fix the subtitles that i have. another odd thing i have noticed now though with my subs is that some of the subs for the episodes have entries in them that dont belong, so i have had to delete them.

but as i said u have been a great help man, thanks again. :p

peace

4. OneMember

OneMember Active member

Glad I could assist :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006