1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Syncronyzing sub with movie

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by Meggiejj, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Meggiejj

Meggiejj Member

I have a foreign movie in Duth/German and have gotten at least 5 sets of subs for it in English. I know how to insert them with convert x. None of them are in sync with the movie. The subs come up before the movie.

I have dl'd almost every program there is and still can't get in sync. I have read on here the way to do it but still can't get it to work. Can anyone give me any help??

On another topic, if an rar file is password protected how do you get the password?

Thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The person who created the RAR file and inserted the password will have tell you what it is - else it's futile.

What is the source video file format (avi, mpeg????)
    What is the subtitle format???

Generally, Subtitle Workshop can open AVI and sync text format subs.

3. Meggiejj

Meggiejj Member

The movie is an avi file and subs are srt. I used workshop and still can't get it to sink. Last night I used Nero video and played it on the computer attached to the tv and it was perfect. I had hoped to burn it to a dvd but no such luck.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Are you stopping the playback at the time the actor is speaking the line and highlighting it and all subsequent lines, then clicking on the little double arrow thingie to resync them.

[​IMG]

5. Meggiejj

Meggiejj Member

No I didn't thank you for explaining. I did get it done. The problem was that the movie was in PAL format and I was rendering it in NTSC. I changed that in x-convert and put in Pal and the subs and it is now a perfect match.

Thanks for the help. I will save your explanation for further reference.