1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Syntax error at line 5122" when i try to play with subtitles. Why? Any fix?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nu2ad, Jun 4, 2009.

1. nu2ad

nu2ad Member

hi all....
    have a problem that i never came across before. i just got this movie, (MP4) that plays fine if i play it by itself. but if i drag the subtitles into the folder (before trying to play) and then try to play i get this message ......
    "Syntax error at line 5122!"
    have any of you ever come across this before, and is there a fix ?
    also - if i cannot play it on my computer, thats okay. ultimately wanted to put it on DVD anyway - so was wondering if it will turn out okay when i run it through convertxtodvd ?
    or do i have to resolve the issue, if possible, first?

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

Hi Nu2aD!

What software are you trying trying to play it in thats giving you that error message?

Regards
    Nick

3. nu2ad

nu2ad Member

hey nickberry,
    thanks for asking .....
    well im using WMP Classic that i installed when i installed the k-lite codec pack.
    and as far as the issue with the subtitles ......
    i downloaded and installed this Subtitle Workshop (not knowing what the f*#@! i was doing) but it turns out that the subtitles i was using were no good. they just didnt have any subtitles in them, i mean like text to play. now im still not sure what the heck i was doing with that program but i opened up another set of subs in that program and i could see the text in them and on the left side you could see their corresponding numerization.
    so in the end, i did away with those subs and just went online and found the ones that i wanted and after going through a few, i found a set that synched up pretty good.
    thanks though again for asking - i never did get any feedback from this post & google only came up with some kind of "registry repair program" ???
    which i totally ruled out. just found some other subs to use.

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

Probly the simplest thing to do in the end - glad you got it fixed!

Regards
    Nick