1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

system aspi corrupted ??

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sirenia, Oct 19, 2004.

1. JasonnB

JasonnB Member

Ok, well, I deleted both secondary IDE's, and now DMA is back ON. I ran the Nero disk tool and DMA is on for my BURNER and for my 2nd DVD ROM. I have two drives.

I made a test burn, it's it's FIXED! 14 min to burn a dvd.

Question:

Before, DMA was off for both drives. I'm assuming DMA should always be on for every optical drive?

Thanks again, and Merry Christmas!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

yAHOO ~! !

Yep. DMA s/b on -

Now that you're doing well, that doesn't mean it's time for you to up and Ski-dattle - this is a give and take kind of a deal - we had fun helping you, now, the next time, you get to have some fun yourself :)

It's people like you who make this site work - You've seen how we work and you've seen that we had fun doing it - Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - You'll have fun and, a chance to learn some more, (teaching is a learning experience too you know) the people you help will appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

Then you'll have a chance to "Welcome" them into our little Club :D

Take a few minutes and check out our opening page. We've got a ton"O"stuff here at aD – Checkout other forums, we have the "Safety Valve" a forum about anything – from "What's bugging you," "Where members come from" OR the best joke you've heard – OR, check out our forums on Digital Camcorders, Photography, Home Theater components, Games, p2p topics or even Cellular phones.

We hope to see you around when you're NOT having problems to solve -

You'll find us hanging out, over there by the water cooler, under the potted palm, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be lQQking for you -

Sea ya soon,

Pete :b)

3. johnmark

johnmark Member

I have read through all the previous posts and I am having a similar problem. Here is some back ground. I was running Win2000 when I bought my burner. I bought what I thought was a Sony DW-D18A, which I later learned was really a LiteON SOHW-832S. After much research on the web I learned that because my drive is gear driven that I could flash it as a Sony DRU 700a. I took this chance and it worked. I started burning discs at around 15 min. I'm using Nero Ultra Edition 6. Then I decided to upgrade to XP. Since I upgraded I can still burn but now it takes 50 min to an hour. After reading and researching again I installed the ASPI drivers and according to ASPICHK all is well, but according to Nero InfoTool all is not well. So I decided to uninstall the drive and then reboot. This did not help. Then I decided to uninstall the IDE controller. When I rebooted it reinstalled, but now there is not advanced tab to check the DMA setting. I am not lost. Can you offer any help?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

jasonnB,

Please go in and either edit your IMG's or delete them as you've thrown the forum's borders so far out of wack it's making it extremely difficult to field any information.

johnmark,

Please start a new thread as JasonnB has pretty much destroyed this one -

Thanks,

Pete

5. johnmark

johnmark Member

ok started new thread called "burning slow - please help"