1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System crashed while burning with Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MaxLevel, Apr 22, 2005.

1. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

Hey guys!
    I have really big problem:
    When I try to burn a DVD my system crashes. Before the process starts a note comes up saying that the disc was recognized but not in the tool's registration folder or something and that Nero would be able to write on it but it was recommened to check the written data after burning. I always click on 'OK' and the process starts and then my system crashes all the time. I'm tired of this! I'm glad about every answer that might possibly solve my problem!

(I tried to burn an authored DVD on a DVD+R Dual Layer - the tool I used for authoring was DVDlab Pro - I know the recommended way to burn these files is CopyToDVD but the trial version expired)

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

On Windows you can get problems if you haven't turned "AutoPlay"
    feature off for the CD/DVD drives. My CD/DVD burner was working perfectly and while Nero was running, I put a CD-RW in the drive that had some downloaded programs or some data on it. The drive tried to "autoplay" the CD and Nero started acting crazy. The way I got the system back to normal was to download Microsoft TweakUI and turn off
    "AutoPlay" for the CD and DVD drives. Then I did a system restore to get the registry settings back. This got Nero to work as expected but the side effect is you might uninstall or erase some programs you installed since the Restore Point was made. Still, it's better to have a burner that works!

If you didn't notice anything like this when inserting a disc then mabye something else is causing your problem. It's just a guess on my part.

3. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

I don't think that this is the problem because I didn't insert anything. The DVD was already in the drive before I started the system. And between system-start and burn-start was a gap of more than 2 hours. But thank you anyway!

4. calhounm

calhounm Guest

i see that you are using nero but what else, what kind of dvd, comp, also have you done this successfully before???

5. MaxLevel

MaxLevel Member

I'm using the Samsung TS-H552 as a burner and PrimeDisc DVD+R Dual Layer as a disc. No, I didn't burn a Dual Layer DVD before.