1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System does not allow me to change resolution or colors

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chulonyc, Apr 14, 2007.

1. chulonyc

chulonyc Member

Please help recently i installed windows vista and after the trial period it locked out and i couldnt get into it. I also messed up my windows xp operating system so i couldnt get into that either, so i decided to install windows 2000 and it installed. Now my situation is that my screens are all grainy and the colors and resolution are all off. The system does not allow me to change my resolution or go pass 16 colors (4bit) when i go to display and change it. I have a Compaq Presario SR1726nx that at one point had windows xp. Iwas told to go to manafacturer video card driver sites and update but I dont know what im doing when it comes to that. My computer runs on a integrated ATi Radeon/xpress 200 and when i go to my specs on the computer it says under drivers main driver: vga.dll version 5.oo.2195.6655 please can anyone help me out? I would appreciate it

2. ireland

ireland Active member

all i see is drivers for xp,there are no drivers for windows 2000

those are the drivers ye need for 2000

Multimedia Keyboard/Mouse Driver
    ATI Chipset Drivers
    ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics Drivers
    Agere Modem Driver
    Realtek AC'97 Audio Drivers
    Realtek LAN Drivers

its xp or nothing,or vista crap...

link for xp-drivers
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1818328&lang=en

main page for Compaq Presario SR1726NX Desktop PC
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...s&dlc=en&submit.y=12&submit.x=5&lang=en&cc=us

note ye might still have your recovery files if vista crap did not eat them..

restart ye computer and then press the key called f10
    and follow directions

the recovery system files are on a hidden partition

if the recovery files are gone,ye will have to call hp and order the recovery disks..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007