1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System mechanic 7 pro intsall?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Shado36, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I have uprgaded from version 6 to version 7 of this program. I downloaded the setup file ok. The problem arriseswhen it tries to "update" during the install, it comes back with an error "Failure Code 323a". It asks if you want more info and when u click on yes it takes you to a blank iolo page. Clicking no just clears the screen etc and will not install any further. It prompts during the install to remove version 6 and I click on ok and resart the pc. Iolo so far have been no help & just sent me a few links including a command that I am supposed to type into my run box, but that just comes back as being not found, anyone haad any experience with this & how to fix it?

2. bobby269

bobby269 Member

I had system mechanic7 Pro on a laptop and a desktop. There have been a lot of major updates in the last month. Each time it would load the anti-virus it would lock-up. I completely uninstalled the program and
    reinstalled it.This was done after a couple of update,downloads This seems to work on my desktop. But I have completelyremoved it from my laptop. It's my Wife computer and I gave up trying.

Lats year the anti-virus used in sys. mech 6 pro was a kaspersky anti-virus product. Now that it is using a different name, I wonder if it's still made by Kaspersky?

3. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Well, I have eventually got it to work ok. Iolo evetually replied to my e-maails and told me what action to take. I followed the instructions & then it installed & has worked fine since, but it was damm frustrating waiting & wondering why it would not install ok.

4. Mienai

Mienai Member

Do you mind telling us what they said, because they didn't e-mail me back :mad:

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I do not think I have the e-mail anymore I will have to look deeper. I rember that I had to completely remove all traces of the old version and I am pretty sure that it involved going into the registry.