1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Shutting down while using AnyDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Opus54, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

I downloaded the program AnyDVD and now during the shrinking of a Movie and even During a DVD-to-DVD copy using AnyDVD in the background, the computer system shuts down in the middle of the process and reboots

one time it corrupted my profile and I had to to a system restore to get it to come back up again

anyone having this problem?

If I am not copying and AnyDVD is not in the background, it doesnt reboot... so it has to have something to do with the AnyDVD program

2. mcalister

mcalister Regular member

Just a suggestion, i'm not 100% sure this will work but it's worth a try. Uninstall Anydvd and all of its folders and files. Run your spyware removal followed by antivirus then reinstall AnyDVD and see what happens. If this dont work then I highly recommend a program called pc mighty max It's well
    worth the money because it works. You can find it by doing a search through dogpile.

3. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

What does that program do?

4. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

That program doesnt allow a free testing period so not sure if its worth it or not

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

REMOVED---forum double posted again.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD burning uses most of your system resources. You could be having an overheat problem. If possible, remove the PC case and aim a small fan at the MB and processor while you try the burn again. If it works better you need more air flow inside the case.

Jerry

7. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

I will try that , thanks

I did uninstall anydvd and am making a copy now and the system isnt rebooting (yet, knock on wood)

and that PC MightyMax Program, I saw in Google lots of people having trouble with spamware with it and wishing to remove it so I didnt try to get the hack for it

but I appreciate the help anyways, a lot