1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T V out - no colour!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by Allexie, Jan 20, 2004.

1. Allexie

Allexie Guest

I'm trying to watch movies stored on my computer hard drive on my TV. Have got a good picture display and sound, but picture is in black and white only. I have tried an S-video connection and an S-video through a scart connection but still only get B & W. I'm new to all this so could anyone enlighten me please?? Many thanks.

2. PHiNX

PHiNX Member

it could be a combination of things, it could be a bent or missing pin on your svideo, or a incorrect adapter or cable between your card and your tv. if you have an RCA out plug, you can go to popular electronic stores such as radioshack and get a rca to svideo adapter if you are unable to resolve the problem. as well, it could also be settings on the tv, or settings on your graphics card....

3. jojogun

jojogun Member

I get this when I reinstall my graphics card, it's default setting isn't for england. You have to set it up for english tv mode. I can't remember the exact terminology but you will see it in the settings.

4. drchips

drchips Active member