1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T V OUT ?video graphic card?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by S.L.E, Dec 22, 2002.

1. S.L.E

S.L.E Member

hey all...have file s movies on hhd..wanna watch on t v through the computer.do i use a video crd graphic card..whats the process..can someone help me out .._X_X_X_X_X_[small]thanks much all : S.L.E[/small]

2. thargor

thargor Member

Yes you need a TV out video card, they are not very expensive, but you should think about getting a video capture card, which also has TV out. Worth the extra cost.

3. slicer

slicer Member

You need a TV-out card (either this is integrated with your graphics card, or you will have to buy a separate card).

You will also need an S-Video cable, and if you don't have an S-Video input on your TV, you'll need a converter (I've seen SCART plugs with S-Video inputs).

S-Video cables looks similar to, but not to be confused with, PS/2 cables. Ask for an S-Video cable at your local retailer.

Finally, when all the hardware is set up, use a small program, namely TVTool, for using your TV as a computer screen.

4. S.L.E

S.L.E Member

thanks all...finally when all is done is it worhth watchin that way? picture good sound good...etc..

5. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

yea.. and no..
    its cool, but you get a little flicker here and there... i prefer my dual rgb out geforce 4 mx440... gotta love dual monitor!
    peace

6. turkf26

turkf26 Guest

I have the Radeon 8500DV with tv card and a bunch of other stuff. Id have to recommend this card for anyone who is looking to upgrade video and wants tv tuner, s video in&out, composite in & out, firewire. plus the tv reception is the best off this card. no flickers jumps distortions. anything. it is only 150 dollars too.