1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taiyo Yuden defective batch?

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by bbee, Apr 4, 2003.

1. bbee

bbee Member

I think I have a defective batch of TY disks.
    My peapod iMac cannot take one in or eject it out. This occurs only with these disks; other kinds work fine. If you examine the disks edge-on, you can see they have a beveled edge. That is, the upper surface is slightly wider in diameter than the lower surface, and the side edges are not perpendicular to the top and bottom. This might explain why the CD-ROM mechanism cannot handle them - they probably slide up out of the arms when it tries to push them in or out. In other CDs the edge is a right angle and the drive has no problem with them.

Could any of you out there pick up a TY disk, stare at it, and tell me if this bevel is normal for TY or whether I have an abnormal/ defective batch?

I sure don't want to buy another spindle if they're always this way.

Thanks,
    "bbee"
    (Liz)
    Indianapolis

2. simojo

simojo Member

I have the exact same disks and they have the wierd edge bevel. I bought TY because I heard they were the best, but I have had ten failures on ten disks. I'm sending the other 90 back to Meritline.

3. bbee

bbee Member

Wow. Yeah, I was gonna return mine too, but a friend whose computer has a regular drive bought them off me. Do you have an iMac?

"bbee"
    (Liz)
    Indianapolis