1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAKE A PEEK maybe you can help me................

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mamaree, Feb 5, 2003.

1. mamaree

mamaree Guest

The computer I use at my job is a hewlett packard and it has a cd-writer plus and the dvd, but can this computer record dvd's and also I am going to get myself a computer and I want to be able to record dvd's on the computer I am going to get so which do you think is best I only waqnna spend between 1,000 and 1,500_X_X_X_X_X_[small]hey there sweetheart, hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.......[/small]

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You don't even need 3/4 of that for a good PC. I just built a PC which consisted of

P4 2.53 gigahertz
    256 DDR ram
    Asus P4S533 Mother Board
    52x Liteon Burner
    16x Liteon DVD Reader
    WD 20 gig 7200 rpm (It's a College PC not much space needed)
    400 watt Tower w/ Plexi Clear Side and 3 fans
    Sony True Flat Trinitron 17 inch monitor (not lcd)
    Keyboard, Mouse, 2 Speakers
    Sound Blaster Card
    Video Card (Inexpensive brand, rmrmber college pc, not a gaming one)

All for $600 at the local computer show (with warranties). If you want a DVD Burner add $175 as it replaces the need for a plain DVD reader. I would not suggest getting something from like Dell, Gateway, Best Buy or CompUSA (unless you want support from the manufacturer) becuase of the generic items they MIGHT use (Unless you want like a Vaio which I do like I have to admit).

If anything the best would be to shop around for as long as you can hold out to get the best price that suits your needs.

3. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but Dextrs, he was talking Lire......