1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

task manager -disabled

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by tbiggs, Dec 27, 2005.

1. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

my daughters machine will not give me access to the task man it tells me the adminastrator has disabled this function. some info step by step to get this enabled again would be great as i do not feel like setting in front of her machine for hours till i get it fixed . if someone has time to assist maybe i could return a favor somehow - just let me no. thanks very much for any sugestions

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

you know often spyware disables the task manager, i think a freind of mine had the same message come up also, in his case it was spyware.

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

ewido will get rid of it if its spyware, also post a Hi jack this log here if ewido doent help you.

if none of thoose help then we'll have to enable it another way, ive got a few more ideas

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can undo this easily by doing as follows :-

(better - Copy and paste the bold portion only -- I Typed the command for you -- do not change anything in it )

Click Start, Run and paste this command exactly as given below: [bold]

REG add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f[/bold]

Then hit OK

Have a great New Year <<< pssst... stay away from them sites .. >>>

4. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

thanks guys --malware isnt the prob as that machine isnt online. i am going to try that command right now and will post results in a bit . thaks again so much .

5. tbiggs

tbiggs Guest

thanks dude. worked fiest try. very slick. just when i thought i new a little bit about computers, geniuses like yourself come along and remind me how dum i really am with theese complex machines. but i do plan on taking some classes as construction in michigan has its ups and downs more downs than ups latley i am considering a switch as a few friends are pulling down 75 to 100k yearly . one of them sets up and administers firewalls for large corporations . and the other one works out of his garage i custom built for him which he paid cash for .. it even has a full bath! must be nice! i dont do to bad myself im only thirty but all the oldtimers are so f'd up with bad knees , backs and ect its a prety scarey thought . anyway thanks so much u really could of bent me over as i dint no what the heck i was putting in there. there should be prizes like dvd burners and stuff or even new system giveaways for the number 1-2-3 top members at this site who makes there intelec available for free through forums at this site. or we as users could through a few of our dollars in a fund for the member or members that have the best succes helping the less fortinute members of afterdawn. just a way of us members to say thanks to the devoted members of this site.

6. rav009

rav009 Active member

well i amused it was spyware/trojan/virrus as your thread was titled task manager disabled but Jeanc1's way of doing it is a great way of getting it back, nice thinking Jeanc1, happy new year everyone.

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Have a Good New Year , you all !

Hugz to your daughter ...tbiggs ! Us girls have to help each other ! <<< smiles >>> must be her brother that was on those sites ~~ Grinz ~~

but thanks to you too... [bold]Dude[/bold] for the nice words !

GRRRrrrr.. @ first typo of the New Year -- Edited.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2006