1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taskkill.exe problems

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Tybro9, May 9, 2007.

1. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

a while back i had this problem and now its back, but not going away...

there was a bunch of 'taskkill' extensions and commands in my system32 file, so i deleted a bunch of them, and task manager wouldn't still come up. i kept searching, and now i found another 'tskill.exe' i delete it and it reappears. i move it from system32 file to desktop to find it easier to use secure shredder on my spybot, and it reappeared in the system32 file, while it was on the desktop... what would the trouble be?

-Alright, renamed tskill.exe to tskill.log to find out whats it made of and i found a couple things..
    it mensions some files:
    -WINSTA.dll
    -USER32.dll
    -ntdll.dll
    -msvcrt.dll
    -KERNEL32.dll
    then a bunch of gibberish, the it sais all this crap
    D WinStationTerminateProcess ! WinStationFreeMemory WinStationEnumerateProcesses WinStationFreeGAPMemory # WinStationGetAllProcesses / WinStationOpenServerW WINSTA.dll É LoadStringW USER32.dll l towupper q wcschr * _wcslwr x wcsncpy  wcstoul u wcslen s wcscpy % _ultoa p wcscat } wcstol + _wcsnicmp l VerSetConditionMask r wcscmp P memmove ntdll.dll > _iob « fwprintf ó setlocale ž fprintf × malloc ¤ free vfwprintf # vswprintf & _wcsdup Å _c_exit ö _exit N _XcptFilter È _cexit � exit n __initenv m __getmainargs : _initterm š __setusermatherr ¶ _adjust_fdiv € __p__commode … __p__fmode ˜ __set_app_type msvcrt.dll Ö _controlfp í _except_handler3 ADVAPI32.dll á FormatMessageW Z GetLastError å FreeLibrary 1 LoadLibraryW þ SetLastError u WriteConsoleW P GetFileType ž GetStdHandle Q MultiByteToWideChar j GetModuleHandleW T VerifyVersionInfoW 8 LocalFree 4 LocalAlloc þ GetCommandLineW K GetFileAttributesW Ï FindNextFileW È FindFirstFileW g GetModuleHandleA KERNEL32.dll

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

tskill.exe is a normal part of Windows. It will get replaced by Windows when you delete it. Why do you want to delete it? Is this your problem?

Emergency MSconfig:-

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  3. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

task manager wont open,, i though that it was a virus or something the last time this happend, this guy told me to delete it and shit, so i did, and task manager worked after that.