1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tda2050 single channel amp module

Discussion in 'Audio' started by rtrg, Aug 16, 2019.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have 2 tad 2050 modules and 2 2030 modules. I made 2 pairs of amplified speaker using the 2050's. Only common connection is a "Y" on the input side to accept the stereo source. works perfectly as expected.

for the 2030's there are issues. there are 3 paired connection points clearly marked for polarity, 12 volt DC in, AUDIO IN, AUDIO out. when I common the input and output using stereo 1/8 jacks, there is a loud "buzz" in both headphone pieces, and the sound is mixed mono. Not what I want or expected. Should I wire them separately and use a "Y" on in and out? The connections are screw terminals at all points. Solutions?

2. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I found the solution. I made 2 stereo male to bare wire mono "Y"s and the same with a stereo jack. Issue solved. In addition all 4 boards were marked INCORRECTLY! The polarity was reversed at al 3 connection points. Only the foil side revealed that! Never came across such an error.