1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK 420N + Decrypter + Roxio (again I know)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by viper91, Oct 24, 2003.

1. viper91

viper91 Member

Okay...I'm an idiot.... I have to be, as it can't be that difficult, even after reading all of these posts (and yes, I see most people say use NERO), but I got Roxio 6, and it works for a friend who talked me into this, so I'm running with it...

Here's my steps....what am I missing.

Place DVD into TDK drive.
    Load DVD Decrypter
    - File Mode
    - Select All Main Movie Files
    - Select 3 extra files titled :
    VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO,VIDEO_TS.VOB
    - Then I Decrypt

(File is smaller than 4 gig), so skip DVD2ONE.

Using Roxio 6.0, I select Creater Classic.
    - DATA TYPE
    - I drag folder VIDEO_TS (which DVD Decrypter created) to be burnt
    - Then I drag an empty folder which I named "AUDIO_TS" to be burnt.
    - Then I burn the DVD.

DVD burns fine, but will not play in my DVD player (non-cpu). It loads, then kind of freezes for second, and then just stops, no picture or sound ever comes about.

So what am I missing? Thanks for the help!

Me.

2. viper91

viper91 Member

oh yeah, I'm using MAXELL DVD+R 4x, 4.7 GIG media, although I tried one TKD 4x DVD+R 4.7 Media as well...

Drive is a TDK Indi 420N
    WINDOWS XP

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

After responding to this, I tried burning a set of files that DVD Decrypter had ripped off of Holy Grail, a 4.2gig movie. Then I burned a DVD using the technique I initially gave. It wouldn't play in a stand-alone.

So I put the files that DVD Decrypter had made thru DVD2One, and it made a totally different file structure than had been ripped. Once I burnt these into the VIDEO_TS folder, it worked.

The moral to the story here is: Even tho the movie doesn't need to be compressed, DVD2One will put it in a form that can be burnt and viewed on a stand-alone. That's my experience anyway.

Apparently DVD2One was my savior here, but I spose DVD Shrink (free) would do the same thing.

Viper.....u owe me 2 bux for the coaster =)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]There is no problem so big, that a brick placed against the proper skull cannot fix =)[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2003
  4. redvoid

redvoid Member

hi viper...i am having the EXACT same problem. did you ever figure this out using Roxio? For me, I ripped with DVDdecryptor, and then the file wasn't that big so i burnt with Roxio as a data file without running Shrink. It plays in my computer, but not my standalone. Is the problem that you can't burn it as a data file in roxio? What settings are you supposed to use on Roxio to get the DVD to play in a standalone?