1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TDK CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by smiles21, Dec 27, 2006.

1. smiles21

smiles21 Member

Hey! Bought some coloured TDK CD-R 52x discs (80 min, 700MB) and made myself a cd the other day, and it played fine all the way through, until the last couple of songs. During those last two, the quality got real shitty; i.e. the songs were totally crackly and you could barely hear the singing!

I used to use these Imation neon discs that (I think) were 40x and I had no problems burning with them at all.

I like to fill up the entire disc where possible, and like I said, I had no problems with the Imation discs. But these goddam TDK's!!

I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109, and I use Nero to burn cds with. I've never changed the settings on Nero, and the write speed was 40x when I used to make cds. But with these new 52x discs, I'm totally not sure what speed to change it to. I can select from 40x / 32x / 24x / 20x / 16x / 10x. So anyone who knows which is best, please let me know!!

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Some drives have problems with colored discs if the substrate (plastic) is colored. Yamaha's drives, for example, had problems with black discs. Are there particular colors that cause problems, or are all of the discs causing problems?

It is good to record 52X discs at 24X to 40X for good results. Much slower speeds can cause problems with the faster reacting dye if your drive is not tuned for the slower speeds.

3. smiles21

smiles21 Member

Ah thanks for that!! It wasn't the coloured discs that were screwing me round, it was the speed that I was burning at I think. I spoke to my cousin about it and he suggested burning them at 24x and I did and it worked great.

THANKS for your help though :D