1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Team America all .bin/.cue i dont know what to do

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ksman13, Oct 27, 2004.

1. ksman13

ksman13 Member

i burned the .cue using CDRwin but it made a cd that is useless its not a vcd it loads up and has 5 folders:

CDI - which is empty
    EXT - which has LOT_X.VCD(64kb) and PSD_X.VCD(24kb)
    MPEGAV - which has AVSEQ01.DAT(463mb) which notepd cant open
    SEGMENT - which is empty
    VCD - which has 4 files
    ENTRIES.VCD(2kb)
    INFO.VCD(2kb)
    LOT.VCD(64kb)
    PSD.VCD(24kb)

the original folder i downloaded was from suprnova.org and is called Team.America.World.Police.INTERNAL.CAM-NOX
    it contains:

nox-teamamericacd1.bin(475,669kb)
    nox-teamamericacd2.bin(475,660kb)
    nox-teamamericacd1.cue(1kb)
    nox-teamamericacd2.cue(1kb)
    Tracked_by_Demonoid_com.txt(1kb)

I dont know what to do with this i checked the other thread pertaining to Team America but i dont have any .rar files so that one wasnt very helpful i figured out that a .cue was something to burn from that thread thats it. so what do i do now what is the .dat file used for? what do i open that with? thanks for your time

2. ksman13

ksman13 Member

i hate me.

sorry i checked the glossary for "dat" opened it with WMP and now im laughing out loud. well lesson learned i guess. hope this thread helps someone

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

This thread should teach people to read the 'sticky' threads od this forum! D:\MPEGAV\AVSEQ01.DAT is the movie of the VCD bui it is a 'riff file' that you must convert to a 'true MPEG' (for example selecting, using VCDGear, [bold]cue/bin --> mpeg [/bold] from the [vcdgear] screen).
    If the cue/bin had been of a SVCD the movie would have called AVSEQ01.MPG and would have been located in the D:\MPEG2 directory.

But strange, why the cue/bin didn't give you a VCD?
    If the .cut had been somthing like:

FILE "C:\videocd.bin" BINARY
    TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
    TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
    FLAGS DCP
    INDEX 00 00:05:33
    INDEX 01 00:07:33

you should have had a VCD burning that cue/bin with everything!

It seems that you burned the image content as a DATA CD without reading the cuesheet!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Maybe you selected, on the CDRWin's 'record disc' screen that comes by pushing the 1st menu button, 'Load Tracks', first, when tou did the 'bad' VCD, instead of selecting 'Load Cuesheet'?
    If anything works, just extract the DAT into a .MPG as I teached you, then make a brand new VCD image using VCDGear (select the [video-cd] screen then select [bold]mpeg --> cue/bin (cd image) [/bold].
    After that, burn the cue/bin with CDRWin [bold]loading the cuesheet first [/bold] (clicking 'Load Cuesheet' and NOT 'Load Tracks' in the screen that comes by clicking the first menu button), then pressing Start Recording.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004