1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teamamerica:world police

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by james111, Oct 18, 2004.

1. james111

james111 Regular member

i dont know if this goes here but i will ask anyways.
    i downloaded teamamerica and it and its in a folder and in the folder it has cd1 cd2 how do i watch it?(its my first time downloading a movie)

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It is a little generic. Probably the movie must be split into 2 CDs because about 80' is the maximum movie length that fits on a 80 min CDR.
    But what's on that folder? A MPG? An AVI? is the folder named D:\MPEGAV or D:\MPEG2?

In general: with a movie (.MPG or .AVI format are the most common) you han make a (S)VCD (see the 'sticky' threads to learn how to do it with VCDEasy or VCDGear). An .AVI needs its codec installed on your PC to watch it with WMP, for example, or to turn it to a .MPG file to make a (S)VCD with it (a DivX compressed .AVI needs DivX - it is free if you just need to decode the AVIs, you have to buy it to compress a movie into an .AVI - a Xvid compressed .AVI needs Xvid and so on..).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. james111

james111 Regular member

in the folder it dosent have a vidio it has rom files in it,it says:nox-teamamericacd1.part01.rar

4. james111

james111 Regular member

and more of them

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Well, it seems you have a .RAR file spanned on many volumes for easy downloading/uploading purposes (e.g. if you span with WinRAR a 598 MB 'file' in 3 volumes with zero compression you'll have three files: file.part01.rar=200 MB, file.part02.rar=200 MB, file.part03.rar=198 MB).
    Ususlly with Total Commander you can 'see' the rar-ed containt by clicking on file.part1.rar, but I assume in the .RAR archive there is a compressed .CUE/.BIN image, an .AVI or an .MPG file.
    You should have a very little gain in size, by compressing an .AVI/.MPG movie, thus, it is already optimized. This is good only for the span capability (many smalll files instead of 1 big file). Maybe compressing a .CUE/.BIN image makes you to gain a little.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  6. james111

james111 Regular member

theres 34 ROM files in both folders all of them are .rar wat do i do to play the vidio it has no vidio file only .rar

7. trapp

trapp Member

well if you have winrar open nox-teamamericacd1.part01.rar and extract it to wherever you want it same with cd 2 probly nox-teamamericacd2.part01.rar should be in AVI format because I dont see it as being a DVD rip, probly cam.

8. trapp

trapp Member

well if you have winrar open nox-teamamericacd1.part01.rar it should display the main file, then extract it to wherever you want it same with cd 2 probly nox-teamamericacd2.part01.rar.

btw take a screen when you open it so we can see whats inside it

9. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

A suggestion: Install WinRAR and [bold]learn how to use it![/bold] After you'll unpack the file, the final solution will depend on [bold]WHAT IS IN IT (an .MPG? an .AVI? a .BIN/.CUE VCD image?) [/bold].
    Until you won't unpack the archive set made of those 34 files (but they are .RAR files, or a 'multiple archive made of 34 pieces [part01..part34.rar]', not 34 ROMs!) we'll never know that.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  10. james111

james111 Regular member

dosent want to extract it says unkown format or damaged

11. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

If you use WinRAR, it cannot be 'unknown format', if you open part1.rar. Probaby it's damaged, sorry.

12. james111

james111 Regular member

i got all the team america's in suprnava.org all of them do the same thing

13. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

Hi guys, if u have Winrar installed, open up CD1 where all the rars are and just double click on the first one, Winrar should open and then u tell it where u want to unzip it to, and then do the same for CD2, and then u should see what kind of file it is, maybe a avi are bin file are so

14. james111

james111 Regular member

none of them work

15. BryanT

BryanT Member

I also have had problems with team America. There are 2 cd folders both with 33 rar files and an SVF file. 2 bin files and 2 cue files in the regular directory. Upon unpack the first item using win rar in cd1 you get a bin file that is 475,660 KB and a 1kb cue file, for the second cd you only get a cue file so i guess im a bit confused. should this file be burned onto a cd using nero, and should i use DVD+r or cd-r's thanks a lot.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  16. DaKeith

DaKeith Guest

well it sounds like that cd2 is missing the movie file. u should be able to burn it to a normal disc and not a dvd-are+r disc. the Cue file is there to tell a burning program what to burn. Here is a link to show how to burn a cue/bin file
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/bin_cue_with_nero.cfm